There have been some significant policy changes to your Citizens homeowners/dwelling fire policy. We have noted some of them below but please review your policy documents you receive from Citizens for a full list of changes.
1. Citizens is no longer providing coverage for:
- Aluminum carports
- Screen enclosures
- Patios and awnings
- Tiki huts
- Or similar structures
**If you currently have any of these structures and you renew(ed) with Citizens, this coverage will be/was automatically terminated. No buyback is available.
2. Citizens is lowering the maximum limit available for:
- Personal Liability Coverage – reduced from $300,000 to $100,000.
- Mold Coverage – reduced from $25,000 to $10,000.
3. Citizens is reducing Other Structures and Personal Property coverage:
- Coverage B – Other Structures – is decreasing from 10% to 2% of Coverage A
For example, if you have your home insured for $200,000 (Coverage A) your coverage for other structures would decrease from $20,000 to $4,000. Please contact us to buy back this coverage.
- Coverage C – Personal Property – is decreasing from 50% to 25% of Coverage A
For example, if you have your home insured for $200,000 (Coverage A) your coverage for your personal property would decrease from $100,000 to $50,000. Please contact us to buy back this coverage.
4. If you currently have Sinkhole Loss Coverage, a mandatory 10% Sinkhole Loss deductible will be applied if you renew your policy. No buy back is available.
**This is a just a partial list, all these coverage changes are significant. We recommend you have your insurance with a non-Citizens carrier because of these coverage reductions/limitations.**